One of the national UCC’s slogans is: “God is Still Speaking”. That statement has always spoken to me when I think of how we embrace Christian Education at First Congregational UCC Vancouver. Instead of focusing only on the words of God and Jesus as how they were written hundreds of years ago, we look at how those words apply to our lives as progressive Christians in today’s world. We encourage conversations and dialogues and discussions. At First Congregational UCC Vancouver, it isn’t only God that is speaking!
We offer age-appropriate Christian Education opportunities for:
- nursery children (birth – 4 years)
- pre-schoolers (4 and 5 years – Kindergarten)
- school age (grades 1-5)
- middle school (grades 6-8)
- Youth Group (grades 7-12)
- For Adults we offer a variety of fellowship and educational opportunities:
- Bible Study, Tuesdays 9:30-10:30;
- Fellowship Groups [Hiking, Women's Saturday Breakfast, Ultimate Frisbee, Friday Night Movies, Men's Saturday Breakfast, Sunday Brunch, Prayer Shawl Ministry, Spirituality Group, Daytime Cards, Pinochle, Bread Baking, Evening Book Club], and
- Various Video/Discussion Series throughout the year.
If you have questions, please contact Kristina Martin for more information. (email@example.com)