Language of the Heart
An Introduction to Non-Violent Communication
Led by Susan Skye
Saturday January 31, 2009
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Vancouver First Congregational UCC Church
1220 NE 68th Street
Marshal Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication process provides a simple, effective method to get to the root of conflict, violence, and pain peacefully. By going beyond “active listening” techniques and examining the unmet needs behind what we say or do, NVC serves as a practical, transformative method to address the root of conflict and violence once and for all.
Susan Skye has worked and trained with Marshall Rosenberg. She is a founding member of the Nonviolent Training Institute. She has developed and offered training and coaching in self- development and communication skills since 1976. Her skilled, relaxed presentation style creates a positive and powerful learning environment.
Participants will be introduced to:
• The fundamentals of Nonviolent Communication-the model and four steps,
• Skills that restore harmony and create understanding,
• A way of listening to hear the real message underneath words that are hard for you to hear,
• How to hear or express “No”, and
• A way to build relationships that last.
$75.00 if paid by December 1, 2008
$95.00 after November 1, 2008
For more information phone Kristina Martin, Christian Ed Coordinator/ Youth Director at Vancouver Congregational Church 360-693-1476 or email@example.com.
* Continuing Ed credit hours available for teachers and medical personnel *